Hormonal medications, such as birth control pills, are what they are. In a pack, you take one pill every day for birth control. If you take your tablet on time, it is safe, inexpensive, and effective. The pill offers a slew of other health advantages in addition to its ability to prevent pregnancy. Learn more about the oral contraceptive pill singapore.
Birth control tablets come in two varieties:
- A variety of medications that work together (aka combined oral contraceptives, or COCs)
- Estrogen and progestin are both included in combination tablets
- The vast majority of women use this method of birth control
- Propranolol-only tablets (aka POPs or mini-pills)
- Only progestin-only tablets exist
Pregnancy is prevented by using birth control tablets
The pill prevents the union of sperm and egg in the body. It’s termed fertilization, when sperm and an egg come together. The pill’s chemicals effectively prevent ovulation. A lack of ovulation indicates that there will be no egg for the sperm to fertilize, preventing conception.
What’s the best way to take the pill?
Most individuals who use the pill become pregnant because they forget or lose their pill packets or don’t re-fill their prescriptions on time. The best approach to utilizing the pill appropriately is to look ahead and make a strategy. To help you to remember that you take your medication regularly, here are some suggestions:
- Set the alarm on your phone or use our contraceptive pills reminder app to help you remember to use it.
- Make sure your pill container is next to something you use daily (like your toothbrush or phone charger).
- Always have a bottle of medications in your backpack.
- Assist each other in remembering to take your medication by pairing up with a friend or member of your family who does the same.
- Your companion may provide a helpful nudge.